Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Okay... so...

Consistency isn't a big priority on my blog lately.  Life has been crazy, just like I'm sure it has for you all too.  My parents are arriving today, and I haven't seen them in several months.  My parents live in Michigan in the summer... this year it was from June through now.  And Florida for the rest of the year.  Tough life... I know.  But my dad has worked very hard to provide that kind of life for my mom and well for my sister and I, when we were younger.

Anyway, I'm SUPER excited, as is Cutie!  She LOVES LOVES LOVES when Grandmother and Grandfather come into town and stay with us.  (Or we go to their house and stay with them.)  I knew I would never really live too  close to my parents, after I went to Florida for college.  But I also thought I would be living in Tampa or St Pete or some place like that in Florida... not moving around the country every so many years.  But life has a funny way of working out.  Hubby and I will move back to FL, once he's finished in the military (meaning.. when he retires).  But until then, I'll take any time I get with my parents, when they want to visit or we visit them.

It's just a shame that my sister and I don't live near each other.  I mean, I know that our kids will know each other, but it's just not the same.  I grew up, because times were different, with my cousins.  We saw them if not every week, at least once or twice a month, as well as for all major holidays and birthdays.  We were as close as we could be, considering the age difference... my younger cousins are about 10 years younger than I am... and my older cousins are 5-10 years older than me as well.  But I don't plan to move back to Chicago, especially since my parents no longer own a house there.  And I know my brother-in-law doesn't plan to move back to FL, although he did live there for some time, before they moved back North.  He just doesn't like warm weather...  Makes for an interesting relationship.  My sister doesn't really like cold weather.  HA!

Okay, seriously, I digress...  today is Hump Day!  YAY!  Happy Hump Day, y'all!  I guess, I'm just deep in thought about how busy we all get, what with kids, jobs, families, life...  it's crazy!

Well, at least we are one day closer to the weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment