Thursday, May 15, 2014

Until we meet again

This is not good bye, New Orleans... This is until we meet again.

With our time in New Orleans quickly coming to a close, I find myself in denial.  Denial that at first I was hesitant to move here.  In denial that 4 years has quickly gone by.  And in denial that there are still so many areas of the city that I haven't explored, restaurants I haven't eaten in and sights I haven't seen.

This is the first city that we have lived in, since I moved to Florida in 1996, that I consider my home.  I know I've made a lot of friends along our journey with my crazy hubby's duty stations, but this is the first one, since I left Jacksonville in 2001, that I will probably cry as I am driving out of town.

I know bigger and better things are out there for our family, but it doesn't make leaving a wonderfully colorful city, with a LOT of culture, leaving friends who have become more like family than any I've had in a long time, and New Orleans.

So many people call this beautifully interesting city home, even if they are not physically here any more.  And I completely understand why.  I understand why so many have transplanted here as well.

I will miss crawfish, drinking in the streets, all the parades we have gone to, the merriment that is Mardi Gras, and the people who make this city so colorful.  I do hope to come back on day, either for vacation or to live, I'm not sure yet.  I am happy that we did and experienced so much of this unique city.

So, this isn't good bye, this is until we meet again.




"America only has three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans.  Everywhere else is Cleveland." Tennessee Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment