Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cooking!

For those that don't know... I don't cook.  Hubby and I made a deal years ago that he would cook and I would clean.  Now that I am a SAHM/WAHM I feel like I should work. 

Anyway, this past Sunday was the St Patty's Day parade in our town.  Here in Louisiana, we do things a little differently.  We throw beads at every parade, and at St Patty's Day, we throw veggies (cabbage, potatoes, onions, fennel (yes, we actually caught fennel), carrots) and some fruits (lemons, oranges).  So after this parade, which my friends and I did dress up for (Tutus and all!), we had a whole counter of veggies and fruits.  Hubby asked me to get chicken stock and start a soup.  So I did.  And I have to say, it turned out yummy.  We added carrots, cabbage, onions, fennel, some ground beef, potatoes and broccoli (it needed more than the cabbage).  I added some black pepper and salt and garlic.  Hubby came home and added to my soup, but made it SO yummy.

Can I just tell you, I am liking cooking, sometimes.  HA!  I never thought I'd say that.  Seriously though, it isn't as taxing as I once thought it was.  I have a bunch of Pinterest ideas to try... most of them are slow cooker (which is my ABSOLUTE favorite way to cook) receipes.  I will post some pictures of them as I make them.  :)

So what is your favorite receipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment