Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Life passed me by for a while

Lots has happened since I last blogged.  Thanksgiving came & went... My birthday came & went...  Christmas came & went.  And that's where it all started.

My mother-in-law was due to arrive at my house on Dec 23, and she never made it.  My hubby & I were so nervous about her driving by herself anyway.  But she never made it to the road.  I hate to say thankfully she never made it on the road, but I really do want to see the good in it.  

Anyway, so the past month has been a blur.

Then on Monday, I had to make the decision to put my dog down.  She was getting old, and I knew it, but it doesn't make it any easier. 

I just feel an emptiness.  I can't explain it. She was not the first dog in my life, ever, but she hit me harder than any of the other dogs we have had in my life.  

I miss her curling up at my feet, greeting me at the door, laying at the foot of my bed at night, and taking walks in the morning.  I just miss her sweet face.

Everyone keeps asking me when I'm going to get another dog.  I don't know if I am ever going to.  It's not that I don't love dogs, I do.  I also just don't want to go through it again.

2014 was one heck of a year.  We lost my father-in-law, moved, spent the summer up north.  My daughter went to over night camp for the first time.  We visited my hubby in DC.  We traveled around FL.  We lost my mother-in-law.  Not all of 2014 was bad, but I am ready for great things to come our way.  My family could really use some happy events going on.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.  Sometimes we just need to get out what is in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment